NOTE TO TRUSTEES AND FISCAL OFFICER RE: PARKING REGULATIONS
Section 505.17(B)(1) of the Ohio Revised Code requires: "All regulations and orders … established by the board under this section … shall be posted by the township fiscal officer in five conspicuous public places in the township for thirty days be-fore becoming effective, and shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation in the township for three consecutive weeks or as provided in Section 7.16 of the Revised Code."
RES. 15- PROVIDING PENALTIES FOR NON-CRIMINAL PARKING INFRACTIONS AND ADOPTING NEW PARKING TICKET FORM.
M__. _________________ moved the adoption of the following resolution: WHEREAS, the Board of Township Trustees of Orange Township, Delaware County, Ohio, has adopted non-criminal parking infractions and fines pursuant to Section 505.17 of the Ohio Revised Code and Chapter 4521 of the Ohio Revised Code to control vehicle parking within the unincorporated areas of the Township, including but not limited to those reflected in Resolu-tions 04-310, 04-410, 05-235 and 13-234; and
WHEREAS, a recommendation has been received from the Maintenance and Parks Director that the fines for such infractions be increased due to public disregard for the current penalties for such infractions; and
WHEREAS, it is deemed appropriate that the "Ohio Uniform Traffic Ticket" described in Traffic Rule 3(A) and (B) be adopted and used as the parking ticket for all non-criminal park-ing infractions, in substitution for the previously adopted Parking Infraction form; NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Township Trustees of Orange Township, Delaware County, Ohio, as follows: 1. That, with the exceptions of violations of Section 1.02(J) of Resolution No. 04-310, regulat-ing parking in the area of a driveway entrance to any fire station, and violations of Section 1.04 of Resolution No. 04-310, regulating the standing or parking of a vehicle in a disability parking space, the penalty for a violation of any previously established non-criminal parking infraction shall be a fine in the amount of Forty Dollars ($40.00).
2. That the penalty for a violation of Section 1.02(J) of Resolution 04-310, regulating parking in the area of a driveway entrance to any fire station, shall be a fine in the amount of One Hun-dred Dollars ($100.00).
3. That the penalty for a violation of Section 1.04 of Resolution 04-310, regulating the stand-ing or parking of a vehicle in a disability parking space, shall be a fine in the amount of Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00).
4. If a person who is personally or constructively served with a parking ticket fails to answer the charge within ten (10) days of the issuance of the ticket, the amount of the fine shall double.
5. That, as authorized by Section 4521.03 of the Ohio Revised Code, the Board adopts the "Ohio Uniform Traffic Ticket" described in Traffic Rule 3(A) and (B) as the parking ticket to be used by law enforcement officers for all non-criminal parking infractions occurring in the unincorporated areas of the Township.
6. That all fines levied and collected pursuant to this Resolution shall be paid into the Town-ship's general revenue fund.
Motion seconded by M__. ________________________.
VOTE: Quigley-_____; Taranto-_____; Knapp-_____.